The Aquinas (AQ) Model of Pedagogy derives its foundations from the work of John Hattie's 'Visible Learning'.
The AQ Model of Pedagogy asks the community to understand its learners and encounter students where they are at. Increasing student agency through feedback processes supports students growing through the phases of learning.
The artwork below is reflective of the interconnectedness of each aspect of the model, those being:
· Focus on learners and their learning
· Establish clear learning intentions and success criteria
· Activate multiple ways of knowing, interacting and multiple opportunities for practice
· Respond with feedback that moves learning forward
· Evaluate that effect of teaching on student achievement and success
© BCE, Aquinas College, 2023